Online GST Registration
Register your business under GST with a dedicated Chartered Accountant to guide you every step of the way.
Your dedicated Chartered Accountant ensures that all these tasks are completed – and this is included in your plan.
From startups to multinationals, Kuvedha is associated with thousands of business owners across India.
You can come to expect candour and transparency. This includes detail on our process. No surprises.
Make payment using your favourite payment method
Connect with our in-house expert within 24 hours
Share the necessary documents over whatsapp or email
Register your business under GST within 3 working days
Once you share all the necessary documents, your application will be submitted within 24 hours.
Efficient, reliable, incredible – these are just a few things our customers are saying about us.
Frequently Asked Questions
We address common concerns in our FAQ – but always feel free to reach out with specific questions.
What is a GST Registration?
GST Registration of a business with the tax authorities implies obtaining a unique, 15-digit Goods and Service Tax Identification Number (GSTIN) from the GST authorities so that all the operations of and the data relating to the business can be collected and correlated. In any tax system this is the most fundamental requirement for identification of the business for tax purposes or for having any compliance verification program.
What is advantage of taking registration in GST?
Registration under Goods and Service Tax (GST) regime will confer following advantages to the business:
- Legally recognized as supplier of goods or services.
- Proper accounting of taxes paid on the input goods or services which can be utilized for payment of GST due on supply of goods or services or both by the business.
- Legally authorized to collect tax from his purchasers and pass on the credit of the taxes paid on the goods or services supplied to purchasers or recipients.
- Getting eligible to avail various other benefits and privileges rendered under the GST laws.
Do I need to register under the GST?
Registration under the GST Act is mandatory if your aggregate annual PAN based turnover exceeds INR 20,00,000 (Rupees Twenty Lakhs) however the threshold for registration is INR 10,00,000 (Rupees Ten Lakhs) if you have a place of business in Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, or Uttarakhand.
Regardless of your turnover, registration is mandatory if:
- You make Inter-State Supplies
- You supply goods through an E-commerce portal
- You are an Agent for Registered Principal
- You are Liable to Pay Reverse Charge
- You are a Non-resident Taxable Person
- You are a Casual Taxable Person
- You are an Input Service Distributor
- You are a TDS/TCS Deductor
- You are an E-commerce Operator
- You are an online data access and retrieval service provider
Where are the prerequisites for GST registration?
To apply for a new registration, you must have
- PAN card/details of your business
- Valid and accessible e-mail ID and Mobile Number
- Documentary proof of constitution of your business
- Documentary proof of promoters/partners
- Documentary proof of principal place of business
- Details of additional places of business, if applicable
- Details of Authorised Signatories including photographs and proof of appointment
- Details of Primary Authorised Signatory
- Business bank account details along with bank statement or first page of bank passbook
- Valid Class II or Class III DSC of authorised signatory in case of companies and LLPs; valid Class II or Class III DSC or Aadhaar (for E-Sign option) in case of other entities
Note: Your mobile number should be updated with the Aadhaar authorities otherwise you cannot use E-Sign option because OTP will be sent to the number in the Aadhaar database.
Do I need to submit hard copies of any documents?
No, you do not as the registration process is paperless.
Can a person without GST registration claim ITC and collect tax?
No, a person without GST registration can neither collect GST from his customers nor can claim any input tax credit of GST paid.
I don’t have a Permanent Account Number (PAN). What should I do?
Before you apply for a GST Registration, it is mandatory to obtain a PAN.
The Permanent Account Number (PAN) of your business is required for GST registration. In case of proprietor, please provide your personal PAN.
I am operating my business from a co-working space. Can I register my business under GST?
Yes. If your principal place of business is a co-working space, the Nature of Possession of Premises will be 'shared' unless you have a valid (registered) sub-let agreement with the provider of the co-working space.
My Principal Place of Business was leased by my father/mother many years ago through pagdi system and he/she has since passed away so I don’t have a lease deed my name or in the name of my business. The landlord is also unwilling to register a fresh lease in my name. What should I do?
In this specific case, a bank statement with the business address will suffice.
I supply multiple goods and/or services but I am only allowed to specify the top 5 goods and top 5 services. Does this mean I can only supply 5 goods and 5 services?
No, you need not take an additional registration if you want to supply more than 5 goods and/or services.
My business bank account is not open yet. Can I mention my personal bank account?
Yes, you can mention your personal bank account and update it once your business bank account is open.
If I am operating in different states, with the same PAN number, can I operate with a single Registration?
No. Every person who is liable to take a Registration will have to get registered separately for each of the States where he has a business operation and is liable to pay GST.
If I have multiple business verticals in a state can I obtain for different registrations?
Although not mandatory, a person having multiple business verticals in a State may obtain a separate registration for each business vertical, subject to such conditions as may be prescribed.
Is there a provision for a person to get voluntarily registered though the person may not be liable to pay GST?
Yes. In terms of Sub-section (3) of Section 25, a person, though not liable to be registered under Section 22 may get registered voluntarily, and all provisions of this Act, as are applicable to a registered taxable person, shall apply to such person.
Whether the Registration granted to any person is permanent?
Yes, the registration Certificate once granted is permanent unless surrendered, cancelled, suspended or revoked.
Whether Amendments to the Registration Certificate is permissible?
Whether Cancellation of Registration Certificate is permissible?
What will be the time limit for the decision on the registration application?
If the information and the uploaded documents are found in order, the State and the Central authorities shall have to respond to the application within three common working days. If they communicate any deficiency or discrepancy in the application within such time, then the applicant will have to remove the discrepancy / deficiency within 7 days of such communication. Thereafter, for either approving the application or rejecting it, the State and the Central authorities will have 7 days from the date when the taxable person communicates removal of deficiencies. In case no response is given by the departmental authorities within the said time line, the portal shall automatically generate the registration.